SPELLINGCITY helps your students learn / memorize words by focussing on spelling, pronunciation and contextualisation.
First, you add the words you wish to memorize. Then, the site generates sentences with those words so that you can learn it. You can then, click the TEST button to hear the words and test your spelling or choose one of the GAMES available.
1. I created a list of words related to MONEY
2.Once you click spelling test, you can hear the isolated word and then the word in a sentence for to type the correct spelling. LISTENING AND WRITING practice.
3. Games you can use to practise VOCABULARY, WRITING and SPELLING
HOW TO USE THE SITE IN CLASS
With an IWB
- In the last 15-20 minutes of class, elicit the new words learned that day from students while you insert the word in Spellincity. Sts can dictate the spelling as teacher types in the words. Then, all we have to do is click spelling test and start using the practice exercises the site generates.
- You can also, assign a specific student to keep a record of the new words throughout the class and then use the list close to the end of the class to generate exercises.
- Another alternative is to use the practice exercises at the beginning of the following class for revision.